Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk Myself to Death: Someone Left the Band Out in the Rain

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Someone Left the Band Out in the Rain

I'd thought about going out to see the Decemberists tonight playing with the Chicago Symphony in Millennium Park, but I ultimately decided that I've still been pushing myself too hard, so I came home, instead. It turned down that we had huge rains this evening, so I have to wonder how the show went. Was anybody here in attendance?

A few years ago, Mrs. Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk and I took in Elvis Costello at a different bandshell in a different park a couple of blocks away from tonight's show, and it also poured down rain and cut short the opening act. There'd been no warning of rain, so we had no umbrellas or any other kind of protection, and we got soaked. But the rain didn't last too long, the roadies set up EC and his Imposters, and the show continued. Soon enough, we dried off, and all in all we had a great time. Maybe the Decemberists show ended up OK, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home